Re: cdda2wav default device customization

>> $ cdda2wav dev=/dev/hdc -t 4
>>.  How can manage things so to omit the device specification?

> when I do: icedax -t 4  (now (in debian) cdda2wav is a symbolic link to icedax)
> I get:
> icedax: No such file or directory. Cannot open '-1'. Cannot open SCSI driver.
> icedax: For possible targets try 'wodim -scanbus'. Make sure you are root.
> Use the script scan_scsi.linux to find out more.

The feature that allows cdda2wav to work without dev= has been introduced in
Summer 2006. As the questionable fork called "icedax" is based on a cdda2wav
source that is much older, it cannot support this feature.

Note that is is a bad idea to use something like dev=/* as any dev=parameter
that contains a slash tells cdda2wav to use the low quality OS based ioctl
interface instead of the SCSI based implementation from cdda2wav.

For a correctly working cdda2wav just compile and install a recent cdrtools from

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/

Jörg

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)