Re: cdda2wav default device customization

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 07:27:21PM +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
From: Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject:  cdda2wav default device customization

To copy a .wav file from an audio CD-ROM, I do:
$ cdda2wav dev=/dev/hdc -t 4
.  How can manage things so to omit the device specification?

when I do: icedax -t 4  (now (in debian) cdda2wav is a symbolic link to icedax)
I get:
icedax: No such file or directory. Cannot open '-1'. Cannot open SCSI driver.
icedax: For possible targets try 'wodim -scanbus'. Make sure you are root.
Use the script scan_scsi.linux to find out more.
Probably you did not define your SCSI device.
Set the CDDA_DEVICE environment variable or use the -D option.
You can also define the default device in the Makefile.
For possible transport specifiers try 'wodim dev=help'.

You can also define the default device in the Makefile.

hth.
--
Gérard
http://www.liberezmoussa.fr/