Re: [OT] Mail address (was: disassembling machine code)

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 10:37:23PM +0100, Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> was heard to say:
> On 2008-03-21 19:29 +0100, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 01:39:09PM +0100, Daniel_Burrows@verizon.net was heard to say:
>                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Huh?

  That's one of my email addresses.  I have no idea why Mirko entered it
into his From field.

> >   I did not write this email.  I don't have any problem with it, but I
> > didn't write it.
> >
> >   Whoever did: please refrain from forging other people's email
> > addresses in your From header.
>
> Daniel, is there something wrong with your mailer?  Gmane shows
> nobody@nowhere.invalid (Unknown) as the author of this message.  Bad
> enough, but not nearly as evil as using your address.

  I don't know how gmane determines the author.  The From header has my
address in it, and "nobody@nowhere.invalid" doesn't show up anywhere
that I can see.

  Daniel