Re: Merging all 30+ Debian CD's -- vs DVDs

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 09:25:08AM -0400, Alan McConnell <alan@patriot.net> was heard to say:
> Now comes the sick part:  I immediately got a prompt: "Please insert
> Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 r3 _Etch_ - Official i386 DVD Binary-1 20080217-11:31
> into the drive '/cdrom/' and then press enter"   ! ! !   I put the
> called for DVD in the only place it would go, into my DVD Reader/Writer,
> and pressed Enter.  I got the same prompt back.

  It would help to see the contents of your sources.list.  But I bet
that what happened is that at some point you ran "apt-cdrom add" to
add an etch CD to sources.list (e.g., by installing off an Etch CD),
and it's never been removed.  If several CD sources all have the same
package, it's fairly arbitrary which one will get used.  Find the entry
in sources.list that talks about /cdrom and delete it, or just dig up
the CD and put it into the drive.

  Daniel