Re: Debian Installation Process ?s

Rick Kalkowski wrote:

Any other tips greatly appreciated. If I can't get this to work, I'll just junk the PC, but seems like a waste given my son's (4yr old) facination w/computers.

I might get shot for saying this, Edubuntu is Debian based and aimed at children. http://www.edubuntu.org/

For a 4 year old... saves you trying to discover and install suitable things, where hopefully plenty of people have already given input.

Just get in to the BIOS, set boot from CD, pop in the CD with the distribution and off you go. When if comes to partitioning the hard disk just use the whole disk, XP vanishes during disk partition and format.

I do recommend though doing a net search on that model laptop and install of the Linux version you want.