Re: source for mechanical keyswitches

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 18:20:21 +0100, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 11:12:12AM -0500, Reid Priedhorsky wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I would like to rebuild a keyboard that uses mechanical keyswitches (see
>> keyswitches?
>
> If they are like IBM model M clicky keyswitches, do they ever actually
> wear out? I'm doubtful. But regardless, if they are the same keyswitch
> then check out www.clickykeyboards.com, they may have a source.

No, they're a bit different. They look like

http://sandy55.fc2web.com/keyboard/fk2001/swassybl2_s.jpg
http://sandy55.fc2web.com/keyboard/fk2001/FCS_sldr.jpg

though the internals are a bit different.

I'm pretty sure it was the switches wearing out, since a handful of the
most-used keys gradually became less and less reliable.

Thanks again,

Reid