Re: Games on a Redmond virtual machine.

English is written in conversational order, not in random order as top posting
would lead one to believe.  Please adjust your quoting accordingly.
http://learn.to/quote

On Wednesday 19 March 2008 02:48:08 am iena unlike wrote:
> This is absolutely not TRUE. Why ?
> Listen me: wine can install many games...but....how many games wine can run
> correctly ?

The vast majority of them.  Please educate yourself at
http://appdb.winehq.org/

> example ??? an old game as starcraft don't run in BATTLE.NET and many games
> don't run so nice. So, if you tell me that play with wine is good without
> sound without graphics without the best things for a videogamers......

Looking at the AppDB for your specific game, it appears you're doing something
severely wrong if you're not getting graphics and sound.  The game does work,
but requires additional effort.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=51

Instead of getting pissy and whining about how everything is crap because you
managed to find one of the few games out there that doesn't run well, why
don't you take a look through Wine's website about what you can do to help
the situation?

Or, keeping in mind that you're using Wine, why not wait until other people
have gotten it working with the amount of effort you're willing to put forth,
and find free alternatives to the rest?  After all, you could be playing
freecraft instead, which is in stable.

http://packages.debian.org/etch/freecraft

--
Paul Johnson