Re: Using Exim

On Wednesday 19 March 2008 01:25:35 am Tero Mäntyvaara wrote:
> I have questions concerning usage of Exim4:
> a) Can Exim4 be set so that it receives mail from mail accounts that
> user has configured eg in his/her home directory?

Not by itself, no.  You will need to install fetchmail, and each user will
need to have a .fetchmailrc to fetch mail from another site.

> b) Can Exim4 deliver that received mail in LAN?

Yes.  If you install exim via dpkg, you will be prompted which network range
you would like to deliver mail for (ie, act as a smarthost for).

Hope this helps.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca