Re: RAID suggestions?

Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
Snip
I think what Damon wanted to say that with MD you typically don't expect
data loss *even* though you don't pay for expensive service and
maintenance.

Our Raid controller broke just weeks before it went out of warranty and
no, we didn't plan to spend the money on an expensive warranty extension.

Johannes

Johannes,

Works for me! :) Had that call many, many times (broke just after leaving warranty). Hate it. Now you have data you can not get to and the OEM is holding it hostage. The good news is the guys I worked for gave you a 30 day window you can "ignore" the out of warranty issue.

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com