Re: Question about Desktop Environments

On 03/18/08 16:27, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> On 2008-03-18, Ron Johnson penned:
>> On 03/18/08 15:05, Paul Johnson wrote:
>>> What outcry?  Ron's got a point.  Seems like all the ladies went to
>>> debian-women or something.
>> Serena Cantor & Michelle Konzack are the only two that I can think
>> of on this list.  And debian-women doesn't seem very busy.
>>
>> If women are so weak that they can't stand up for themselves when
>> guys start to get rude and obnoxious, there are bigger problems
>> afoot.
>
> Perhaps that should be
>
> s/If women are so weak they can't/If women have better things to do
> than/

That can be (and has been) debated endlessly, but is even further OT
than the current thread.

> But I don't really know, just having noticed this subthread right
> abotu now, and not sufficiently motivated to go back and find the
> origin.  Did a lot of women who used to post here recently stop doing
> so?
>
> I really have no business in this discussion, since I just a couple of
> days ago thought, "Hrm, I should resubscribe to debian-user and see
> what's up."  Back in the day, I can't remember anyone doing anything
> particularly offensive to women on this list.  Certainly nothing on
> par with the slashdot and thedailywtf noise.
>
>> - -- Ron Johnson, Jr.  Jefferson LA  USA
>>
>> "Working with women is a pain in the a**." My wife
>
> I read the quote, got moderately offended, read the attribution,
> considered, decided she may have a point.
>
> For values of "women" not including myself, of course.
>
> I do wonder what the intent of including that in your sig is, especially
> in a primarily-male environment.

I tried to email you privately about this, but then noticed your
address.  If you want to discuss it, contact me off-list.

>                                   The "feel" would be different in a
> more evenly distributed crowd.

I don't feel, I think.  But that's probably just as inflammatory as
what my wife says...

- --