Re: apt.conf or preferences can work in that case?

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 02:49:57PM +0100, Dvorzhetsky <dvorzhetsky@airpost.net> was heard to say:

> I have a question, if I uncomment these lines in my sources.list:
> # shame (Uunstable lenny)
> #deb
> http://download.tuxfamily.org/shames/debian-lenny/desktopfx/unstable/ ./
> # avant-window-navigator
> #deb http://www.arearelax.org/awn/ ./
>
> considering my apt.conf:
> APT::Default-Release "testing";
>
> How will apt react since these packages, even if they are made for
> testing distribution do not seams to be marked as being so? They are
> only in a folder of the repos.
> In addition the same packages might appear in sid or experimental.

  You'll see the packages and package versions, but if there's no
Release information apt won't know what release to associate them with,
so pinning by release, installing by release, and viewing the release
associated with the package won't work with that archive.

  Daniel