Re: /var/log/exim4/paniclog has non-zero size]

> chas@onfoot.org wrote:
>> After recent Exim4 setup on a new Debian 4.0r3 installed mail server I'm
>> seeing this error;
>>
>> '/var/log/exim4/paniclog has non-zero size'
>>
>> Any suggestions on a workaround woul be appreciated.
>>

> What's annoying about this one is that paniclog is rotated on a size
> basis, not by time, so even if this only happens once when you get a
> configuration wrong, you'll get the error every day.
>
> The definitive fix is to edit /etc/logrotate.d/exim4-base so that the
> paniclog configuration is the same as that for mainlog and rejectlog.

I see what you mean, now. If I clear that file of it's contents it no
longer gives an error when I restart Exim but if there are any lines in
there at all it does.
I think I'll just live with clearing it out every once in a while (when I
make bad changes to Exim's config) instead of trying the logrotate fix,
that way I won't end up with alot of empty (or near empty) files.
Thanks for the help.

Chas.