Re: Mutt and top posting

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 09:03:43PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 03/11/08 20:46, Julian De Marchi wrote:
> > Only thing that I would like to know how to change is, by default
> > mutt top posts. I would like to configure mutt to bottom post by
> > default when I reply to an email.
>
> > I have googled for the naswer and only found instructions on how to
> > do this if I was using emacs as the editor. I have nano set as my
> > default editor for mutt, as I am more familar with nano.
> >
> > Any ideas of how I would accomplish this? Or should I start using
> > another editor?
>
> What's the go-to-bottom-of-page command in nano?

With Vim, its "G"

> But that's the answer of last resort...

Why?

You should be editing on the way to the bottom.  Pure bottom-posting is
as bad as pure-top-posting.  If I had just bottom-posed, you would see
Ron's signature lines, the debian-list signature line, and Ron telling
you to turn on line wrapping.  As it is, I left more than I probably
should have.

Doug.