Fresh harddisk install of Etch,after the upgrade 3.1/4.0 with apt-get failed.

The upgrade from 3.1 to Etch using apt-get
went very bad,now I don´t even have access
to the system,the login prompt freezes
when I do the login.Now I´m thinking about
doing a hard disk based fresh install of Etch.
I have a partition HFS formatted able to do
the install from it,but the needed files:
vmlinux,initrd.gz,yaboot,yaboot.conf I don´t
know where to find them in Debian website
for Etch r3.
I appreciate a tip about where to find them.

                   Thanks.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?