gdb Q.: where do we stand regarding STL debugging?

Hi,

Just wanted to see if somebody could share some information about where we are regarding debugging programs which use STL.

For example, I am not sure how I can print out the values of a two dimensional vector (vector of a vector) in gdb.

Printing out dynamically allocated memory works great, but I hit a wall when trying to examine queues or vectors.

Also, what is the current conventional tool or approach to solve this problem?

As far as I am concerned, at present I am using print statements (in gdb) for each component of a vector or queue to see if it contains the expected value. Time consuming, but I don't have to examine each location ... so kind of works.

All insights regarding this are welcome.
thanks,
->HS