Re: German characters in English locale

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 07:09:19PM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I like to have my environment in English but need to write German texts
> using latex. The typical
>
> \usepackage[ngerman]{babel} % deutsche Sprachunterst???tzung
> \usepackage[ansinew]{inputenc} % Zeichencodierung Windows
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

The following is working for me for similar characters in Afrikaans.

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[afrikaans]{babel}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he
      hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If
      a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily
      food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace,
      be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them
      not those things which are needful to the body; what
      doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works,
      is dead, being alone."          James 2:14-17