Re: Wireless not working afte update

laura eznarriaga wrote:
|   *
| First question:
| Is it always bad to update Ubuntu?
|
| I have an Acer with an Atheros wifi
| Wifi was working using madwifi before update
| When I try to follow the instructions on this page:
| http://wiki.eeeuser.com/ubuntu
| Under this heading
| Wireless internet using native Madwifi drivers
|
| doing the 'make clean' step I get this:
|
| dale@dale-laptop:~/madwifi-ng-r2756+ar5007$ make clean
| cd: 1: can't cd to /lib/modules/2.6.22-14-rt/build
| Makefile.inc:66: *** /lib/modules/2.6.22-14-rt/build is missing, please
| set KERNELPATH. Stop.
|
| Does the update change the kernelpath?
| How do I get this thing going again?
| This time I promise NO MORE UPDATES

| Enviado desde Correo Yahoo!
| El correo favorito de los internautas.

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mailuk/taglines/isp/control/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=52433/*http://es.docs.yahoo.com/mail/overview/index.html>.

why did you install madwifi?  theres no need for it, when the driver is
~ already built into ubuntu in restricted.

I have the same laptop or close to it (acer 5100), all you need to do is
enable restricted modules, and use the atheros driver through that.

search in synaptic for "restricted" for more info.

also, you should join the ubuntu mailing list, your not going to get
much, if any help on the debian list.  its only for debian.

go here to join

https://lists.ubuntu.com/

- --
Steve Reilly