Re: Security update of etch did not update my Kernel. Still vulnerable. Why???

On 13:52 Sun 09 Mar     , Ron Johnson wrote:

> Every time I see that kind of message, I just pick the "real" base
> package that I want.

I agree Ron, I would like to select it myself also. However,
I kind of thought that when you do
apt-get dist-upgrade against security
and there is a major kernel security
vulnerability reported against the kernel 2.6.18 then you
would get upgraded automatically.

Thus I would want the linux-image-2.6  virtual package to get installed
and then I would be asked to chose the latest kernel to install.

and the list should only include the latest secure kernels. Here the list gets
to include older vulnerable kernels as well.

1. How to get the apt to install the virtual package linux-image-2.6?
2. Will it then remind me of the new selection of kernels with dist-upgrade?

Mitchell