Advice about server solution.

Hello all debian users, I am in a little need of help. Some weeks back I got this "task" to plan a server for shell-accounts. And now I have started searching for solutions, and I have found some. For example www.debian-hardened.org. But they've stopped their development so I got no use of that. So now I ask you guys how you would run a server that will have many shell-accounts and a regular users should only be allowed to run some of the binary's in the system and they all have diskquota.
I would like to run Debian as the base system and then use maybe somekind of grsec or something, and on the something i need your help. I would really appreciate your help. // Markus Viitamäki