Re: Brower cannot open some web pages in Debian

In article <[🔎] 95455e980803072033t7d423a25qebdecca6b239c6f@mail.gmail.com>,
hce <webmail.hce@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have installed Debian 2.6.18-4-686 in my two computers, both have
> difficultis to run web brower to connect to some web pages. I thought
> it is a brower problem so I have tried different browsers, firefox,
> icewealsel and opera, etc. All encountered difficultis to run some web
> pages (could not download the web pages then timeout error). The worse
> thing is it cannot start my bank web page which I have no problem to
> open it in my work place. I guess the brower is a very basic tools in
> computer, how can I resolve this problem?

I have seen this sort of problem before.  The fix was to reduce the MTU
value in an ADSL router.  Can't remember the exact details but it might
be worth Googling.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
http://bobcox.com/