Re: Brower cannot open some web pages in Debian

On 3/8/08, Jeff D <fixedored@gmail.com> wrote:
> hce wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > I have installed Debian 2.6.18-4-686 in my two computers, both have
>  > difficultis to run web brower to connect to some web pages. I thought
>  > it is a brower problem so I have tried different browsers, firefox,
>  > icewealsel and opera, etc. All encountered difficultis to run some web
>  > pages (could not download the web pages then timeout error). The worse
>  > thing is it cannot start my bank web page which I have no problem to
>  > open it in my work place. I guess the brower is a very basic tools in
>  > computer, how can I resolve this problem?
>  >
>  > Thank you.
>  >
>  > Kind Regards,
>  >
>  > Jim
>  >
>  >

> Check your dns settings in /etc/resolv.conf and verify that they are
>  correct and that you can resolve dns names properly.

Thank you. But that is not a dns problem. I have no problem to open
google or other hundreds web pages, but just a few web pages including
my bank web pages could not open in Debian. I suspect those web pages
require java which may not be installed in debian? But I really have
no idea what is missing in Debian default installation. It is also not
ip filter as I have checked iptales, all input / output acceptable.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jim