Re: what is where in the iso-images

On 2008-03-04 20:21 +0100, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:

> dd@kimbrien.de wrote:
>> On which CD Image (stable) is KDE?
>
> Go to http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/ and then scroll down to
> "Official CD/DVD images of the stable release" and then choose
> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r3/i386/iso-cd/ (assuming you want
> to go with i386 architecture).
>
> KDE is available on the first CD image
> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r3/i386/iso-cd/debian-40r3-i386-CD-1.iso

That does not seem to be the case.  I just found a page with the
contents of the CDs on
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/i386/list-cd/, and the bulk
of KDE seems to be on CD 3.  Note that to install packages from CD n,
you need every CD i with 1 <= i <= n, otherwise you will run into
dependency problems.

>> Is there any CD Image containing wine?
>>

> I do not know this. But most of the packages should be available in first 3
> CDs.

Wine is available in the stable release, so it is on one of the CDs, but
not necessarily on one of the first.

Sven