Re: Kernel panic installing Etch

wrote:
> > Hello, I downloaded netinst for AMD64, I tried to
install it and I get
> > the following message:
> > Code: 89 d5 81 e5 ff 00 00 00 75 70 48 c1 ea 08 48
8d b3 18 10 00
> > console shuts up ...
> > <0>Kernel panic - not syncing: Aiee, killing
interrupt handler!

> > System data:
> > Processor: DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2100 MHz
(10.5 x 200) 4000+
> > Motherboard: ECS AMD690GM-M2
> > Chipset: AMD 690G, AMD Hammer
> > Memory: 2048 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
> > Video card: ATI Radeon  X1650 Series (512 MB)
> >
> > Any idea? Thanks for your time.
>
> You don't say if this is Sarge, Etch, Lenny, or Sid.
 Its important.

> Equally important, you should read the installation
manual where it says
> what to do if you have a problem: the same as if you
don't: send in an
> installation report.  Since you have a problem,
subscribe to debian-boot
> first where your email well get posted by the
installation reports
> system.  The people who lurk on that list are the
people who write the
> installer and ensure that it boots.  They will
either know right away
> what to do, or will tell you what magical
incantation to give the kernel
> so that it says something that will help them help
you.

> Good luck.
>
> Doug.

hi,

Sometimes the kernel  panic message is issued  because
the kernel
etch-installer version is old, and you need a custom
installer with newer
kernel versio 2.6.21 and upper. you can try this
installer
http://mirror.home-dn.net/d-i/2.6.21/etch-custom-0720.iso
I hope it will works.

bye.