Re: Kernel panic installing Etch

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 07:50:15PM -0300, Juan Seet wrote:
> Hello, I downloaded netinst for AMD64, I tried to install it and I get
> the following message:
> Code: 89 d5 81 e5 ff 00 00 00 75 70 48 c1 ea 08 48 8d b3 18 10 00
> console shuts up ...
> <0>Kernel panic - not syncing: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
>
> System data:
> Processor: DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2100 MHz (10.5 x 200) 4000+
> Motherboard: ECS AMD690GM-M2
> Chipset: AMD 690G, AMD Hammer
> Memory: 2048 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
> Video card: ATI Radeon  X1650 Series (512 MB)
>
> Any idea? Thanks for your time.

You don't say if this is Sarge, Etch, Lenny, or Sid.  Its important.

Equally important, you should read the installation manual where it says
what to do if you have a problem: the same as if you don't: send in an
installation report.  Since you have a problem, subscribe to debian-boot
first where your email well get posted by the installation reports
system.  The people who lurk on that list are the people who write the
installer and ensure that it boots.  They will either know right away
what to do, or will tell you what magical incantation to give the kernel
so that it says something that will help them help you.

Good luck.

Doug.