Re: [OT] Zip file browsing tool

On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 07:03:26PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

> If you happen to be using GNOME (God's own DE), then file-roller
> will do just fine.  Simply fire up Nautilus and click on the zip
> file.  But Dotan is correct: it also take *time*.  So while it's
> plowing thru the zip file, relax, get a cup of steaming hot coffee,
> and scald the face of the idiot who created an 18GB zip file...

Assuming that the person intended to send that much data (pictures) via
the network, and that the person can't create a tarball, what's the
problem with an 18GB zip file?  Its dos's version of a tarball.

iso files aren't compressed.  When downloading a new OS CD, I wish they
were gzipped; would save a bunch of telephone time.

Doug.