Re: 8139cp 0000:03:08.0: This (id 10ec:8139 rev 10) is not an 8139C+ compatible chip

On 01/03/2008, stephane lepain <penguindeb@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I have had this error message coming up every time I start my PC where
>  it seems to be searching for the right driver. The problem is that it
>  takes a while at start time for my box to switch from "8139cp" to "8139too"
>  Is there a way I could tell my box to use the driver 8139too instead of
>  it choosing the 8139cp?
>  Sorry if I am not being clear and concise. I have just started with
>  Linux and I am learning at the moment.

Welcome to the community,

For your problem you could try placing 8139too into

That might see that your 8139too driver gets loaded first.
Incidentally comment any references to 8139cp that you run across. HTH

24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.