Re: 8139cp 0000:03:08.0: This (id 10ec:8139 rev 10) is not an 8139C+ compatible chip

On 01/03/2008, stephane lepain <penguindeb@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I have had this error message coming up every time I start my PC where
>  it seems to be searching for the right driver. The problem is that it
>  takes a while at start time for my box to switch from "8139cp" to "8139too"
>  Is there a way I could tell my box to use the driver 8139too instead of
>  it choosing the 8139cp?
>
>  Sorry if I am not being clear and concise. I have just started with
>  Linux and I am learning at the moment.

Welcome to the community,

For your problem you could try placing 8139too into
/etc/modules

That might see that your 8139too driver gets loaded first.
Incidentally comment any references to 8139cp that you run across. HTH

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.