dircmp in debian

I have searched high and low but can't find this utility or something
that provides it's functionality, I want to know the differences in 2
directory structures but not change them - yet. rsync I'm fairly
confident will fix the 2 directories to make them the same but for the
moment I want to know just how far out of sync they are.

If diff can do what I want I am unable to coerce the magic.

24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.