Re: Tweaking /boot/grub/menu.lst to use 2GB RAM

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 09:01:29PM +0000, andy wrote:

>    ## If you want special options for specific kernels use kopt_x_y_z
>    ## e.g. kopt=root=/dev/hda1 ro
>    ##      kopt_2_6_8=root=/dev/hdc1 ro
>    ##      kopt_2_6_8_2_686=root=/dev/hdc2 ro
>    # kopt=root=/dev/hda1 ro quiet
>
> It is probably blindingly obvious to all except me, but I cannot see any
> option here for telling the kernel how much memory it is to load/recognise
> upon booting. That's what is stumping me.

It would be impossible to "see" all kernel boot options, there are just
to many to put here (and besides, Debian only puts a minimum default,
most users will never need them).  Just *add* your options to the end of
the '# kopt' line.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)