debian gnome accessible login attempt

All I did this time was to re-enable the gdm script and reboot and try to log in. I turned off speakup maybe not early enough because this time the gdm script failed on line 208 because permission was denied. This is with the latest updates and unstable since that's where I can get gnome-orca. I'd use gnopernicus in one of the less exotic versions if gnopernicus was still supported by its original writers but support for that package went away a couple years ago if memory serves.