Re: Intel Graphics Drivers

Alok G. Singh wrote:
On 29 Feb 2008, dparker@utica.edu wrote:

I am attempting to compile the graphics drivers from
www.intellinuxgraphics.com on Debian Etch but I am having some
problems.

You do know that they are already packaged for Debian, right ?

xserver-xorg-video-intel is the package. You probably need the
corresponding libdrm2 too. sid usually has the latest versions within a
couple of days of a release. Or even quicker (that X Strike Force :)

If you do want to compile them yourself then there's a guide on the
wiki[1]. Additionally, using the Debian infrastructure would give you a
package rather than having to 'make install' and the associated
uninstall/upgrade headaches.

HTH.

Footnotes: [1] http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/git-usage

Alok,

Thank you for the suggestions. I forgot to mention that I tried the Debian package from Lenny, but I got some dependency errors which indicated that all of my Xorg stuff would have to be upgraded to the version in Lenny as well.

I will definitely check out the wiki page and follow the guide on there. I hadn't seen that wiki, but it looks like it will be a great help.

    Thanks again,
    Dave

--

Dave Parker