Re: I'm BACK!!!

Doug MacFarlane wrote:

> 1.  Who would like to help me with the Sound Card issue?  We can do it via
> email
> offline from this list.  I've never been really good with loading modules
> and drivers . . .

Run alsaconf to set up the driver, add yourself to the audio group, run
alsamixer to unmute the channels.

I have heard that alsaconf is deprecated. So it might be removed in the next
couple of releases. But it works in Etch.

> 2.  What to do about sync'ing with my Treo 750 (running windows mobile 6).
>  I'd like for gmail/google calendar to be my authority, and use imap on my
> laptop and desktop (evolution - any other suggestions?), but how do we
> deal with sync'ing, especially contacts, to the Treo/WinMobile?

I do not know what Treo 750 is. Some one else might help you with that.

> 3.  Windows emulation.  My parents will visit in 2.5 weeks and will want
> Pretty Good Solitaire because it has a game called Thirteen Packs in it
> that is an old family favorite.

You can do

sol --version=freecell

sol is part of gnome-games package.