Re: I'm BACK!!!

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 10:25:18PM +0000, Doug MacFarlane wrote:
> Well, about 4 years ago I had to give up Debian for professional reasons.  After
> suffering through Red Hat, CentOS and Suse/SLED/SLES and the abominable package
> management, I'm BACK!!!
>
> Boy did I miss you guys . . .
>
> So I ran the 4.0 r3 netinst, and just for giggles ran an apt-get update and
> apt-get upgrade.  Nothing needed, but cool.

Have a look at aptitude for package management (but do read the docs
first).

> 1.  Who would like to help me with the Sound Card issue?  We can do it via email
> offline from this list.  I've never been really good with loading modules and
> drivers . . .

Why offline? I suggest you start a new thread with as many details about
your hardware as you have and what alsa packages you have installed (you
should have at least alsa-base which will also pull alsa-utils). My
first suggestion would be to try a kernel from backports.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)