finding network printers

Excuse me for the noobishness of the question, but I have been
googling around and haven't had any luck.

It seems all the howtos and guides out there about adding network
printers assume prior knowledge of all the information and IP of the
printer one would like to add.  I was wondering if there was a tool to
scan the network for all available shared printers on the network.

The situation is, sometimes I connect my laptop to a rather large
network at school or some other place, and I would like to be able to
print but I don't know the network location / address of the printer.
The network contains both Mac and Windows computers (but no Linux
boxes, AFAIK).  However, I believe that doesn't matter because the
network printers all have their own IP and are not connected to any
specific computer.

BTW, I am running Debian Sid + Xfce4 on a Thinkpad T61.

Thanks in advance!
--
Jimmy Wu
Registered Linux User #454138