Re: Unable to boot on encrypted root after upgrading testing

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 11:20:07AM +0000, Kjo wrote:
> I booted on an install CD ins rescue mode and tried this tuto :
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Rescue/Crypto
>
> # cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/hda2 sda2_crypt
> works
>
> # vgchange -a y [vg]
> works
>
> # mount /dev/[vg]/root /target
> fails, and outputs :
> # mount: Mounting /dev/[vg]/root on /target failed: Invalid argument
>
> when specifing fs type it does the same:
> # mount -t xfs /dev/[vg]/root /target
> fails, and outputs :
> # mount: Mounting /dev/[vg]/root on /target failed: Invalid argument

wow that's weird.

> Also I noticed that fdisk -l says that
> #Disk /dev/dm-* doesn't contain a valid partition table
> where * is any integer in range [0-3], which represents my virtual
> partitions created by device-mapper, if I remenber well. Is that normal ?

that's how mine behave.

It looks to me like the problem is actually in mount and not in
lvm. The question is why are you getting "invalid argument"... Do you
have some special characters in the volume names perhaps?

sorry to be slow to get back, life distracts.