Best Distro for the consumers market ??

Hi,

I have been reading couple of posts talking about different kind of distros, but what would you guys suggest as the best distro for the consumers market? There would be a need of stability and reliability. Of course, it would have to be easy to use for the end users. As a complete newbie to IT and Linux, I have tested Mandriva 2008, Ubuntu, and now Debian etch and testing. I found Debian testing the best of all: etch being not very compatible with new hardware and software. Testing on the other hand is the most up to date distro, fairely compatible with newest technologie (software and hardware from the consumers market) and quite easy to maintain. Yet, i would suppose that my opinion is quite biased and what I could suggest as the best distro for the consumers market might not be the case. So I would appreciate if you guys could give me your opinions.

Thank you all

PS: I tested all those distros on a AMD64 3800+