Re: amanda - how is it running?!

michael wrote:

> I just noticed a "amanda" dir in
>
> /tmpmichael@ratty:~$ cd /tmp;ls -alt|head
> total 1831672
> drwxrwxrwt 24 root    root         135168 Feb 27 16:50 ./
> {}
> drwx--S---  2 backup  backup         4096 Feb 27 12:29 amanda/
>
> which I didn't recognise. I see that it's some backup software. Whilst
> it's likely I played with it once I can't see anything in /etc/cron as
> to why it should be running again... any ideas? Or shall I just hose it
> and 'apt-get remove --purge' it?

What does the following say

sudo lsof | grep -i /tmp/amanda

That will tell if there is any process that is using the /tmp/amanda
directory. Then you can figure out how that process is started (probably by
poking into /proc or using pstree etc.,). Then decide whether to deinstall
that program.

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi