Re: Whisper campaign against Firefox, other FOSS?

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:56:44 -0600
Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote:

Hello Nate,

> This morning it hit me that he was refering to the development
> security of FF which he alleged makes it inferior to IE with its OEM
> control.

A common enough argument, but totally wrong.  With FLOSS, one can see
what's happening, as the code is available.  Closed source, and you're
shafted, since anyone can write into the software some really nasty
stuff, and you'd never know.

Alternatively, you can argue that closed source is totally secure
development.  Not for the end user though, as *only* the provider knows
what it does.

--
 Regards  _

I am alone there's nobody there