Re: bad symlinks

--- "Douglas A. Tutty" <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 12:23:40AM -0800, Angus Auld
> wrote:
> > Is it safe to delete any "bad symlinks" that I
> find on
>                        ^^^
> > my Debian Etch system?
> > I used FSlint to search, and found several.
>

> I wouldn't give a blanket guarantee.  If there are
> no bugs in Etch,
> there should be no bad symlinks.  So, give us a list
> of bad symlinks.
>
> Doug.

I have deleted some bad symlinks that I found in
/usr/bin, but here is a list of "dangling" symlinks as
found by FSlint in my /etc directory:

/etc/rc1.d/K20inetd
/etc/rc5.d/S20inetd
/etc/motd
/etc/rc2.d/S20inetd
/etc/rc2.d/S23ntp-server
/etc/fonts/conf.d/30-debconf-no-bitmaps.conf
/etc/rc3.d/S20inetd
/etc/rc3.d/S23ntp-server
/etc/rc6.d/K20inetd
/etc/ssl/certs/cacert.org.pem
/etc/rc4.d/S20inetd
/etc/rc0.d/K20inetd

Is there such a thing in the real world as computer
software w/o bugs?
Surely you are speaking in relative terms? ;)

My Debian Etch isn't a "pure" version either. Rather
it is a distribution called "Dreamlinux", which is
based on Deb Etch. It is kept up-to-date with Etch
repositories tho.

Thanks for any and all feedback.
Best regards.

--
Angus

"All churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Muslim, appear
to me no other than human inventions, setup to terrify and
enslave mankind - and to monopolize power and profit."
--
Thomas Paine (1737-1809)

######Linux Laptop powered by Debian Linux######
###########Reg. Linux User #278931############

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs