Re: Trouble trying to find Kernel source...

I hate to stick my neck out here only because my solution to this
problem was just to keep banging away at the keyboard until all
the errors went away, and I don't keep notes.  There has also been
quite a bit on the list about this in the last week or so.
Seemed complex.  BUT, here is what I remember.  The source packages
for Debian are linux-source-<kernel version> and linux-headers-<kernel version>,
the <kernel version> from 'uname -r'.  I took the kernel config from /boot
and copied it to the source dir as '.config', ran 'make oldconfig' to use
this configuration then ran the kernel compile for a few minutes to make
the necessary files for the Nvidia driver builder, then run the Nvidia driver
program with the --kernel-source-path=KERNEL-SOURCE-PATH command
line option so it finds the kernel source.

Pending any minor missing items that were show stoppers but easy to find
and install, it built and installed the driver with no problems.

dann frazier wrote:
[Off-topic for debian-kernel, moving to debian-user]