Re: Unable to su as a user, I get: Cannot execute /bin/bash: Permission denied

i am familiar with that switch.
But that is not my issue.
I just unable to switch to any user with or with the switch "-" used.
thanks
mjh

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 9:10 PM, Chris Henry <chrishenry.ni@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 2:31 AM, Michael Habashy <mjh2000@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am logged in as root, and i try to su as a user : user1 ; I get the
> following
> error:
>
> rmachine:/home/user1/Maildir/cur# su user1
>
> Cannot execute /bin/bash: Permission denied

Hi,
I've similar problem before, but not on Debian. My problem was mainly
when working with Solaris. You can try su - user1 (there is a
space-dash-space between su and user1). That will apply all the
environment of user1, including switching to the home directory of
user1.

Chris