Re: [OT] Sun Solaris 10 Manual. Is it done in LaTeX?

> It doesn't look like it is:
>
> $ pdfinfo 820-0176.pdf
> Title:
> Creator:        XPP
> Producer:       Acrobat Distiller Server 6.0.1 (Sparc Solaris, Built:
> 2003-11-03)
> CreationDate:   Mon Jul  2 06:56:53 2007
> ModDate:        Mon Jul  2 06:56:53 2007
> Tagged:         no
> Pages:          56
> Encrypted:      no
> Page size:      538.81 x 646.572 pts
> File size:      757453 bytes
> Optimized:      yes
> PDF version:    1.3
>
> AFAIK Distiller is a software to create PDFs from various formats. They
> probably wouldn't have used it if they already used LaTeX in the first
> place. Oh, and XPP might me "XML Professional Publisher".

That's interesting. I will try and post in the Solaris forums, let us see if we get some constructive reply.

The reason I asked was I am trying to improve the manual we have for a product at work and LaTeX was my first thought.

I could also try Scribus as an alternative to FrameMaker.

Amit