Re: [OT] Goodbye Debian

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 09:15:47PM -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:

> Remember everything you've noted when the Microsofties remind you that
> Linux "is not ready for the desktop".

I must admit though that I was pretty annoyed when my wife wanted to use
sound on our home Debian box and it took me quite a bit of wading
through the system to realize that I had to manually add her to the
"audio" group. That's not desktop fitness, either. In Windows you at
least know the sound works until you manage to find the "no Sound"
scheme.

> P.S. Sounds like you went to work for the company I work for, except
> we're moving from Notes 5.something to 7.0 and it's a disaster.  Let's
> not even mention the train wreck (I work for a railroad) that IE 7.0
> has been.

This is a major semiconductor manufacturer that's doing excellent
business. I hope the OE migration won't hurt too much ;-)

--D.