Re: SOLVED - mail headers with exim4 using ISP smarthost

Oops. Sorry for the noise.

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 06:47:58PM +0000, Richard Lyons wrote:

> I am slightly puzzled by the following headers in mail I send out
[...]
> co-ho.net, which is resolved by zoneedit.  But in place of the domain
> name, it says 'config' -- see below.  What do I have misconfigured in
> the wild and wonderful maze that is /etc/exim4?

>                                    ^^^^^^
> >        (envelope-from <richard@co-ho.net>)
> >        id 1JTi6q-0005uo-2o
> >        for debian-user@lists.debian.org; Mon, 25 Feb 2008 18:31:28 +0000

It was in resolv.conf: 'search config'

I suppose it is the infuriating ADSL modem/router supplied by 'bethere',
as the ISP is absurdly named.  It probably causes the rewriting of
resolv.conf as part of the dhcp transaction.  And it is quite horribly
unconfigurable.  ADSL2 is definitely faster than the old ADSL, but I
wish we had the netgear modem/router back...

--
richard