Re: Signatures (was Re: typewriter function for an impact printer?)

On 24 Feb at 14:43 Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote in message
<47C1827B.3030604@cox.net>

> On 02/24/08 07:03, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
> > On 23 Feb at 18:10 Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote in message
> > <47C061A9.4030701@cox.net>
> [snip]
>>
> > > -- Ron Johnson, Jr. Jefferson LA  USA
>>>
> > > "(Women are) like compilers.  They take simple statements and make
> > > them into big productions." Pitr Dubovitch
>>>
> > Hey Ron, I hope I' not teaching granny to suck eggs, but the standard
> > sig-sep is dash-dash-space-newline, so unless you're so proud of your
> > sig that you want it quoted back to you...
>
> I've got a window print showing that the signature is placed correctly.
> Will privately send it to you, if you want.

No, Ron, I'm not the net-police; I don't need evidence; just thought I was
being helpful :)

> Maybe Gemini just isn't up to snuff in handling signed documents.
[snip]

Maybe, but it's not had trouble before. I'd raise it with the developer, but
I wouldn't know precisely what the complaint would be.

More likely it's the list server doing something odd.
This is the raw source of what I'm receiving:

->----
Maybe Gemini just isn't up to snuff in handling signed documents.

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA
->----

I don't think the extra dash is a result of signing. But it doesn't bother
me to snip a bit when replying to your posts :)

Cheers,
--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England