Re: typewriter function for an impact printer?

On 23 Feb at 18:10 Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote in message
<[🔎] 47C061A9.4030701@cox.net>

> On 02/23/08 10:09, Chuck Rhode wrote:
> > Douglas A. Tutty wrote this on Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 11:02:24AM -0500. My
> > reply is below.
>>
> > > Perhaps I can get away without the VT520 if I can tell unix to use the
> > > printer as the console output and a USB keyboard as the console input.
>>
> > You might be able to find a DecWriter in working condition.
>
> An LA36 would be bitchin' cool.  The only Linux machine in the world with
> a TTY console...

I had an LA36 for years. It was working fine, with a long serial cable to my
computer; but I was told to remove it from the spare bedroom as it was
"cluttering up the place".

So I tried to sell it, or even give it away. This was about 10 years ago,
pre-ebay. I eventually took it down to the Council tip, or recycling centre,
as it is now known. Bet it went into landfill...

In my latest tidying up, last month, I found the schematics and some spare
ribbons. More recycling :(

> -- Ron Johnson, Jr. Jefferson LA  USA
>
> "(Women are) like compilers.  They take simple statements and make them
> into big productions." Pitr Dubovitch

Hey Ron, I hope I' not teaching granny to suck eggs, but the standard
sig-sep is dash-dash-space-newline, so unless you're so proud of your sig
that you want it quoted back to you...

Cheers, Tony
--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org