Re: Cannot remove thttpd

Peter Robinson wrote:
Hi,

I would like to remove the package thttpd but get the following error message. I do not see the process running (with ps aux for instance). How can I get rid of it. Here is the message I get from aptitude:

Preconfiguring packages ...
(Reading database ... 276185 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing thttpd ...
Stopping web server: invoke-rc.d: initscript thttpd, action "stop" failed.
dpkg: error processing thttpd (--remove):
subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
Starting web server: thttpd.
thttpd

thanks, Peter

Do you have apache or some other web server install? If so, you might want to try and stop those, then start thttpd, then remove it and see if that fixes the issue.

hth,
jeff
--
8 out of 10 Owners who Expressed a Preference said Their Cats Preferred Techno.