APT version 0.6.x.x,the meaning of warnings,and lack of signs of checks.

1)
I installed apt-0.6.46.4 from backports.org because I
wanted
security checks of Release.gpg not only the check of
the md5s.
However my first run of it(see above) does not show
any sign
of the  checks.When I did apt-get update I saw the
download
of the files Release.gpg Release Packages.gz.Do apt
execute
all those checks silently,when we effectively install
the
packages?

2)
When I ran aptitude the first time with this new apt I
received this warning:
  Apt errors warning: could not lock the cache file.
  Opening in read-only mode.

What did that mean?Now I don´t receive it anymore and
aptitude opens normally,I didn´t do anything special
(as of my knowledge) to return to normal.

3)
Now I have all my installed packages from the CDs in
aptitude with the following warning:

warning(in red):
This version of the package is from an untrusted
source:
Installing this package could allow a malicious
individual
to damage or take control of your system.

Is that normal? APT didn´t effectively do the check of
the
CDs,is it because of that?

mycomputer:~# apt-get install libvte-dev xmlto
lsb-release
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
  libvte-common libvte4 libxml2-utils
Suggested packages:
  passivetex w3m
The following NEW packages will be installed
  libvte-common libvte-dev libvte4 libxml2-utils
lsb-release xmlto
0 upgraded, 6 newly installed, 0 to remove and 257 not
upgraded.
Need to get 1499kB of archives.
After unpacking 4051kB of additional disk space will
be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
Get: 1 http://ftp.at.debian.org sarge/main
libvte-common 1:0.11.12-1 [108kB]
Get: 2 http://ftp.at.debian.org sarge/main libvte4
1:0.11.12-1 [789kB]
Get: 3 http://ftp.at.debian.org sarge/main libvte-dev
1:0.11.12-1 [529kB]
Get: 4 http://ftp.at.debian.org sarge/main
libxml2-utils 2.6.16-7 [32.0kB]
Get: 5 http://ftp.at.debian.org sarge/main xmlto
0.0.18-5 [31.5kB]
Get: 6 http://ftp.at.debian.org sarge/main lsb-release
1.4-8 [9154B]
Fetched 1499kB in 58s (25.7kB/s)
Selecting previously deselected package libvte-common.
(Reading database ... 72751 files and directories
currently installed.)
Unpacking libvte-common (from
.../libvte-common_1%3a0.11.12-1_all.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package libvte4.
Unpacking libvte4 (from
.../libvte4_1%3a0.11.12-1_powerpc.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package libvte-dev.
Unpacking libvte-dev (from
.../libvte-dev_1%3a0.11.12-1_powerpc.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package libxml2-utils.
Unpacking libxml2-utils (from
.../libxml2-utils_2.6.16-7_powerpc.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package xmlto.
Unpacking xmlto (from .../xmlto_0.0.18-5_powerpc.deb)
Selecting previously deselected package lsb-release.
Unpacking lsb-release (from
.../lsb-release_1.4-8_all.deb) ...
Setting up libvte-common (0.11.12-1) ...
Setting up libvte4 (0.11.12-1) ...

Setting up libvte-dev (0.11.12-1) ...
Setting up libxml2-utils (2.6.16-7) ...
Setting up xmlto (0.0.18-5) ...