zYour question about the Attensic network card

I have the same card and I found that the Sidux version of Debian works with this card. I think the Lenny version would also. The Etch version does not natively support the card.

I do a lot of distro-hopping and I found that Wolvix, Slackware, BlueWhite64 and PCLinuxOS do not natively support the card. Wolvix, BlueWhite64 and Slackware do have mods that can be installed that will work. I have not found anything that will make PCLinuxOS work with the card. I also found that none of the *BSD O/S's work with this card nor do any of the *BSD O/S's plan on releasing anything that will work with the card.

It appears that at some point in the development of the kernel 2.6.22.+ this card was added to the mix. Not sure just how far up the line in the development that the addition was made. I know that 2.6.22.13 definitely has it there.

Dick