Re: New User-Network Problem Still

On 17 Feb, Jeff D <fixedored@gmail.com> wrote:

> This to me suggests that you have a dns related issue. I'd check to make
> sure you have no entries in /etc/hosts for 1.0.0.0 , then you check
> your nameservers each by: host ftp.debian.org 10.0.0.254 , then replace
> the  10.0.0.254 with each dns server you have listed in
> /etc/resolv.conf  That will at least tell you if your dns servers are
> working properly.

Aha  something shows up...
My router replies with the address ok follwed by
;; Warning Message parser reports malformed message packet
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached.
I've no idea what that is but my other machines never seemed to have had
any problems with it!

The 2nd one returns the ip OK
The 3rd just timed out.

I've swapped the order round & WAHOO it appears to be working.
I have had them in different orders before now but think the ldresd may
still have been interfering.

I've put the router at the bottom of the list for now until i find out
what's up with it.

Brilliant Thanks

--

mitch@sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk