Re: New User-Network Problem Still

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 06:16:00PM +0000, Mitch Crawford wrote:
> Looking in /etc/nsswitch.conf
> I have a line
> hosts:    files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns mdns4
>
> I presume this is the order used to find hosts... and does it look correct?

Hhhm, I have:

hosts:          files dns

You could at least try putting 'dns' immediately after 'files'.

The only thing I can find related to mdns (and which seems relevant
here) is avahi-daemon, which could be another culprit. Try stopping it

/etc/init.d/avahi-daemon stop

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)